Information Technology & Media Services:
Exceeding the technology needs of students, faculty, and staff at Assumption College
IT&MS offers a wide range of technical services and support to the campus's students, faculty, and staff. With 4 computer labs, 8 computerized classrooms, and a broadcast-quality media center, Assumption students are provided with industry leading tools and facilities to encourage advanced learning. Classroom technology is updated annually with the latest instructional technology services.
- Approximately 95% of students bring computers to campus.
- Assumption has redundant internet connections totaling over 1.2gbps.
- Assumption College is a wireless campus with 100% coverage including all residence halls and buildings. Wired, ethernet connections are also available in all residence halls.
- Assumption College supports BYOD. Most devices are supported and are able to connect to the campus network.
- Free black & white laser printing is available from all Houndprint lab and classroom printers.
- Technology support is available by appointment throughout the year to assist and troubleshoot problems.
Technology Service Locations
The Information Technology Center was completed in 2002 as an addition to the Fuller academic building. The IT Center houses the IT staff, labs and classrooms for collaborative projects, multi-media, foreign language work, and access to specialized application software. The Helpdesk (aka The Hub) is also located on the first floor of the IT Center.
The DiPasquale Media Center, built in 1977, provides audio/visual services to the Assumption College community. The Media Center houses media staff, classrooms, studios and equipment necessary for campus, classroom and student productions. Services include video duplicating, support for the Avid ISIS TV production software, campus cable TV and electronic bulletin board, as well as AV support for campus events.